Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stuff happened...

So let's see what happened this past week or so:

- Changed plans on Fido, signed a 3 year agreement, got an iphone (!!)

Since she left, I barely used my phone for calls and text (used to be a monster sms'er). I was paying $25 for F2F, $9 for voicemail/call display, $6.95 for SAF, $0.50 for 911 and with taxes it comes to ~$47. For the past few months I have been talking less than 80 minutes a month so for $47 it's way too much. So I was thinking of getting prepaid but instead, I was tempt to get a retention plan which is $28.25 including tax with 250 daytime min, F2F, voicemail/call display, 2500 text and evenings/weekends starting at 5 pm. Well it's pretty good although I don't think I would use 10% of the daytime minutes in a month anyway. But the bad thing is I have to sign an agreement which I NEVER WANT TO DO. But the thing is I have already been with Fido for 5 years without an agreement. So unless something dramatic happens (like getting a job in Japan...), I doubt I will be leaving Canada for the next few years (sadly...but let's be realistic). Still need to get my designation so why not. And yes, I got the iphone since it is the best phone that Fido can offer (alot of people know I am ANTI-APPLE), I have enough Fido dollars to cover almost the entire cost, and I am planning to resell it anyway. Almost $20 saving per month, a chance to finally used up my Fido dollars and a chance to get $400 if I do decide to sell the iphone is just too tempting. Hope it is the right choice...

- Opened a TD Select Service account

Been wanting to do that for a LONG time. Free safety deposit box, free cheques/free atm/free statements (heck I get them free from PCF/Citizens anyway =p), free Visa ($100 annual fee), free USD account, free USD Visa. Yes it requires a $5000 balance every month, but since the $5000 won't net me too much interest now (rates been dropping like hell), why not just use it where I want to use it for a long time? The combined service mentioned above will get me better value than the interest. Heck even the free Visa alone almost breaks me even. It helps that my home branch is located beside where I work xD So yeah why not...the only bad thing is the $200 weekly release limit. Compare to the $5000 I get from PCF and $2500 from Citizens? It's like nothing. If interest rates go back up and/or I need the $5000 then I guess I will have to cancel. But for now, need to convert my TD Green Visa (vintage 03 and my oldest CC, who would have thought?!) to an annual fee Visa, close the account that was originally there (ouch) and secure my deposit box in order to utilize my 5k fully.

- Last episode of Clannad aired

Gundam 00 came close, but I have to say Clannad is my favourite anime for the past 2 years. Seeing two people from being complete strangers to getting married is just too...good. I bet everyone wants that to happen to them as well. Seeing the characters grow up from mere high school students to members of society...I feel like I have been with them in person for the past two years. I will miss this. Hopefully Haruhi Season 2 FINALLY comes out and soothe my pain xD