Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kanon

I have been addicted to Kanon lately. It's an EXCELLENT anime. I think in some ways it's better than Clannad, but overall Clannad is still better by a little bit right now. But I guess it doesn't help that I am watching future episodes in advance orz

So I am up to episode 10. I really like Makoto. For the five heroines I actually rate her behind Ayu (my #1). It's a pity that she has to go so early. I would rather they show Mai's story first than have Makoto gone. Her "Auu~" is just too cute (thou "Uguu~" still wins by a little). Episodes 8, 9 and 10 are all very touching. And yes I actually cried.

I like this anime because of the cute girls (obviously), but also because of some of its themes like "sadness" and "奇跡". I am always a sucker for sadness for some reason. I guess because it makes me cry, and I love to cry sometimes. I wanted to cry alot of times but I just can't because of the situation I am in like work, school, or just can't. The other thing is, even if it's an anime about sadness, I am pretty sure it will have a good ending and that's what cheers me up. Even though Makoto is gone, she is not forgotten and got all her wishes granted before she left. With all the kitsune flashes throughout, I am pretty sure that she went back to being a fox again instead of dying. Which leads me to 奇跡. That's something I always believe in, even though they rarely happen in real life. "As long as I did my best, the outcome won't be too bad." Is that part of a 奇跡? However, I do believe it comes with a price sometimes...no one gets a free lunch after all. I don't even know what I am talking about anymore...but that's sort of my grasp on the term. After all, my car's license plate is exactly that =)

I am going to have to make a BIG decision soon. Should I move out or stay? I really need to think clearly before committing myself. It's my dream to have my own condo after all, but I still think this is too fast...if I can finish my diploma this summer...

Will write more as more thoughts come along...